Going on a cruise vacation is an exciting adventure! You and your traveling party have an experience ahead of you full of discovery and relaxation! With your Must Love Travel agent handling all your travel details all you have to do is sit back, enjoy and of course pack your suitcase! Today we are going to look at a few key points to keep in mind to make the process of packing for your next cruise easy and fun!
A lot of what you pack for your upcoming cruise should be based on where you are headed. Are you experiencing the breathtaking wildlife of Alaska? Or will you and your family be soaking up the sun on a beach in the beautiful Caribbean? These two destinations are examples of very different climates. It’s important to research prior to packing your clothing what the weather will be like during your cruise so you know what to prepare for. You can always turn to your Must Love Travel agent for advice. With our agents experience and vast knowledge of many destinations they can give you great input on this matter.
Just In Case
We have all heard the classic saying, “It’s better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.” These are wise words to keep in mind when packing. For example; it can be smart to pack additional toiletry items such as medications, allergy relief and first aid products. You never know when you might be in a situation that one of these items could come in handy. Another ‘just in case item’ might be a light sweatshirt jacket. Even if your heading to a sunny, tropical destination it’s important to avoid only packing shorts and tee shirts. You should always prepare for if it might be breezy sitting out on the rooftop deck one evening, or if the AC is on high in the dining hall. A light jacket is always great to just have on hand.
It’s important to research or ask your agent about any dress codes that might be present on your ship or at certain onboard restaurants you plan on dining at. Some restaurants have a formal attire dress code. Being aware of any policies will help you chose what outfits to bring. Another item to pack for your cruise is a pair of sneakers. I know personally I love to live in my flip-flops when on vacation! However, when cruising some activities or excursions require appropriate closed-toe footwear. Bringing along your favorite sneakers is a smart choice to guarantee you will be able to participate in all events and activities.
Some cruise lines have limits on how many luggage bags you can bring and restriction on the size and dimensions of your bags. Being aware of this and checking the size of your suitcase at home prior to arriving for your cruise will save you a lot of time and hassle at the port. It’s also crucial to be aware of any restricted items that are not allowed on the ship. You don’t want to risk having any of your items confiscated by the cruise line. You can find information on what you can and can not bring on your cruise line’s website or by asking your agent.
This is a great tip for whatever kind of trip you are going on. Make sure you have just what you need and try to avoid over-packing. Think about what you will absolutely need and stick with the basics. Travelers typically always return with more items than they depart with. You want to leave extra room in your suitcase to be able to bring home souvenirs and gifts!
Stick with these guidelines and you will be a packing pro for your next cruise! Stay organized, smart and have fun! Packing always symbolizes the beginning of a great adventure ahead!
While no one can say with certainty that any destination is 100% safe, we strongly encourage our clients to use care and common sense – no matter where they travel – to maximize their safety and security. For example:
- Leave a copy of your itinerary and passport data page with a friend or family member back home so you can be contacted in case of an emergency.
- Know and respect the laws in the country you are visiting. o Remain alert to your surroundings at all times. Follow your instincts and avoid any areas or situations that seem as though they could become dangerous.
- Avoid all demonstrations, as even peaceful ones can quickly become unruly and a foreigner could become a target of harassment. If caught unexpectedly near a 4 demonstration, obey instructions from police and leave the area as quickly as possible.
- Ask tour guides and hotel officials about any planned demonstrations in the locations they plan to visit.
- Do not display expensive looking jewelry, large amounts of money or other valuable items. Also, do not leave luggage unattended in public areas and do not accept packages from strangers.
- Check with your cell phone provider prior to departure to see if your phone is capable of roaming on GSM or 3G/4G international networks.
- Check your medical insurance coverage to make sure it applies overseas. If it doesn’t, consider buying travel insurance that covers overseas medical attention and medical evacuation.
- Do not display large amounts of money. Place small amounts in different pockets to assist with this or use credit cards or travelers’ checks.
- Make copies of your credit cards front and back and place them in a secured place for your records (room safe). This can be very useful if you need to report a lost or stolen card.
- If you see something suspicious, call 911 immediately. When you return to your hotel, use the main entrance especially in the evening.
- Be wary of solicitors. Use reputable places of business for all your entertainment transactions.
- Travel in pairs or groups if possible.
- Always have a meeting place for the kids to meet you if they get lost.
- Small children should have their name and phone number placed on their clothes label or the inside of a shoe flap with a permanent marker in case they are lost.
- Small children should always be led by the hand when crossing the road or near busy streets.
- Teach your kids your name, house phone and cell phone number.
- Use the sidewalk and pedestrian crossings.
A cruise vacation is an adventure to remember. A cruise allows you to travel in luxury and relaxation as you see new parts of the world! Princess Cruise Line is a leader in the cruise line industry for outstanding quality and value.
Princess Cruise Line offers a wonderful itinerary for Alaskan Cruises. The cruise portion of your journey allows you to take in the grandeur and beauty of the State’s natural wonders while traveling in comfort and style.
What sets Princess Cruise Line apart from other cruise lines is their amazing port excursion offerings. These excursions allow you to take in the lifestyle of Alaska through experiencing the local cuisine, touring with the locals, and getting up close to Alaska’s amazing wildlife.
Princess’s moto is “Come back new.” Travel allows us time to reflect, relax and grow through new cultures and experiences. By taking a Princess Cruise adventure you and your family are sure to come back refreshed and new!
Contact your Must Love Travel agent today to find a sailing that fits what your looking for in an Alaskan Princess Cruise.
When you are looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway, look no further than a Sandals Resort! It is an authentic Caribbean experience. There are no hidden fees at a Sandals Resort. When they say all-inclusive that is exactly what they mean. Let me go over some of the things you can experience at a Sandals Resort.
All activities are included! Sandals has the largest private fleet of boats in the Caribbean which can take you on many boating adventures. Certified divers can dive for free everyday. Also enjoy snorkeling, fishing or paddle boarding.
There are many opportunities for fun on the land. Sandals has wonderful fitness centers, tennis facilities and for the golf lover there is unlimited golf included. There are also private off shore island excursions at no extra cost where you can relax or play in a beautiful paradise retreat. If you are looking for a destination wedding look no further. Sandals has what you are looking for in a beautiful romantic wedding.
Sandals boosts 16 restaurants per resort! You can dine wherever and whenever you want at no extra cost. Unlike other resorts there are no seating times. You can eat whenever you wish and also all drinks are included 24-7.
So if you are looking for a relaxing Island vacation consider Sandals Resorts for you next getaway. Contact your Must Love Travel Agent today for a quote and to find out more about the incredible value you receive by staying at a Sandals Resort!
I’m Rick Howard, President Must Love Travel Group and host of the video and travel blog, Travel with Rick.
This blog will feature stories and video from all the places we like to travel. From our back yard in the Florida to Keys to the far side of the world on tours and cruise vacations. We love what you love, great food, interesting and relaxing locations and discovering the world through travel.
I look forward to sharing my travel adventures with you as well as those of friends, our personal travel planners at Must Love Travel and our guests.